Work with Bluestone
Join a company that values you. Picture a dynamic work environment with tight-knit teams and abundant learning opportunities.
Our purpose at Bluestone is to provide a sound service in helping Australian and New Zealand consumers realise their financial goals by saying ‘YES’ when the other lenders say ‘NO’. By making a decision based on individual circumstances rather than a credit score. How we interact is guided entirely by our 5 values – transparency, ownership, enterprise, commitment, and collaboration.
It’s a fast-paced, challenging, passionate and changing environment and one where it gives you the opportunity to fulfill your potential with continuous learning! We place equal importance on personal qualities as technical ability and with our smaller teams and flat line structure, you will feel part of the close-knit team from the beginning. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Collections Specialist to join a fun, fast paced rapidly expanding global financial company.
- Using all available communication channels to liaise with our customers who find themselves in arrears on their mortgage repayments
- Using empathy and active listening to ensure we have a full understanding of the customer's circumstances to ensure we can provide the most appropriate repayment plan
- Implementing repayment plans by processing card payments, setting up direct debits or providing details for bank transfers
- Updating customer records with a comprehensive and accurate reflection of your interaction
- Understanding and identifying when a customer does not have the ability to pay and may benefit from some specialist financial hardship assistance
- Acknowledging when a customer is unwilling to make payments or an acceptable payment plan cannot be agreed so that escalation through the legal process can take place
- Displaying professionalism and trustworthiness so that customer data is protected and we comply with the regulatory standards our customers would expect
You'll walk in the door with
- A minimum of 3 years collections experience - experience with income and expenditure calculations is a plus!
- Strong verbal and written English - our customers are based in Australia and New Zealand so you’ll want to be able to hold detailed conversations over the phone and on email
- Negotiation and problem solving skills - we’ll need you to be able to work with customers to find the best solution
- Target driven and motivation to over achieve - we like paying out a bonus so the cash is there if you’re willing to go the extra mile to grab it!
- Flexibility - we value a work life balance but on occasion may need you to work with us on shift changes and overtime. Don’t worry though as overtime is paid at a premium rate and we do our best to accommodate your schedule.
Apply Now With Your CV
Our Current Opportunities
Attention recruiters: We have a Preferred Supplier Agreement (PSA) in place for our open roles, so we ask that agencies outside of this agreement do not submit any applications.