Work with Bluestone
Join a company that values you. Picture a dynamic work environment with tight-knit teams and abundant learning opportunities.
Head of Risk
Bluestone is a fast-growing lender specialising in residential home loans. We have a team of over 275 professionals across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. We help people with a variety of financial needs, whether they are looking to refinance, purchase homes or invest in residential property.
When it comes to our team, we place equal importance on personal qualities and technical ability, and provide continuous learning opportunities to help our people make their ambitions reality. With smaller teams and a flat structure, it’s easy to fit in with our close-knit gang from the first day. Our values reflect how we think, act and build trust with our colleagues and customers. Above all, we value transparency, ownership, enterprise, commitment and collaboration. These principles allow us to thrive as a team and support others in their journeys to grow and develop.
The Head of Risk is a newly created role with Risk being split out of the current Legal, Risk and Compliance department. Covering all aspects of risk within the Bluestone business the Head of Risk will report to the CEO and will have a dotted line into the Audit and Risk Committee.
Working with all departments of the business the Head of Risk will ensure we have a robust framework in which we manage risk and ensure the business is focused on constant improvement. The Head of Risk will be part of the Management team and will also advise the Executive team and Board on risk issues.
The Head of Risk will need to ensure that risk management complements the ambitions and growth profile of the business and can ensure business risk is managed within risk appetite while still allowing the business to operate dynamically. Significant career progression is possible so it is important that the candidate has the aspirations and potential to grow with the business.
- Oversight of all risk related activities within the business
- Continuous improvement of our risk framework and the way the business thinks about risk
- Provide practical risk advisory services to stakeholders, including risk profiling, control assurance and incident management
- Building relationships with business units to allow ease of access to information and delivery of improved risk outcomes
- Management of 1 direct report ensuring engagement, growth and delivery of all required output in a timely manner
- Working with key internal stakeholders, BU heads and functional owners, to implement best practice risk mitigation frameworks and practices
- Liaising with business unit heads on identifying and managing areas of risk within their responsibility.
- Engagement with Exec team to update and present solutions around key risk areas
- Reporting of risk related items through committees, the management team reporting pack and the board report
You'll walk in the door with
- 7+ years in a risk management role within financial services and most likely in the consumer credit/mortgage space with an understanding of “what good looks like”
- Strong numerical and analytical competence
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and peers across a business
- Some exposure to credit risk management would be an advantage - note credit policy will be managed by the Head of Lending
- The ability to identify and evaluate key risks and internal control mechanisms and focus on important business issues
- Experience implementing best practice risk frameworks across businesses from identifying risks to ensuring departmental buy-in
- Experience managing direct report(s) and a track record of getting the most out of a team
- High standards of personal integrity taking responsibility for all areas of risk and being accountable for the delivery of great outcomes
- Ability to work at all levels getting involved in the trenches where required though to managing board level engagement
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
Apply Now With Your CV
Our Current Opportunities
Attention recruiters: We have a Preferred Supplier Agreement (PSA) in place for our open roles, so we ask that agencies outside of this agreement do not submit any applications.