Work with Bluestone
Join a company that values you. Picture a dynamic work environment with tight-knit teams and abundant learning opportunities.
Our purpose at Bluestone is to provide a sound service in helping Australian consumers realise their financial goals by saying ‘YES’ when the other lenders say ‘NO’. By making a decision based on individual circumstances rather than a credit score. How we interact is guided entirely by our 5 values – transparency, ownership, enterprise, commitment, and collaboration.
It’s a fast-paced, challenging, passionate and changing environment and one where it gives you the opportunity to fulfill your potential with continuous learning! We place equal importance on personal qualities as technical ability and with our smaller teams and flat line structure, you will feel part of the close-knit team from the beginning. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Underwriter to join a fun, fast paced rapidly expanding global financial company.
The role will appeal to someone who has extensive experience in underwriting in the non-conforming market and who has a strong commercial acumen and the ability to shape and negotiate deals.
- Collaborate with other members of the team, wider business, stakeholders, and sales team to get the job done.
- Think outside of the box - if a broker has not structured/presented a deal in a favorable manner, you would work with them to find a better solution. Always keep in mind an alternative way something can be done which may be more favorable
- Answer questions and take ownership of the query/concern and make sure a satisfactory solution is found.
- Adaptable - as our business changes quickly to meet the demands of the mortgage market
- Flexible - to be able to complete a number of tasks at different stages and meet dedicated SLA’s
- Organised - You can set out your day to complete all tasks within time frames and are prepared for anything that unexpectedly comes up which may alter the is usually on a busy day
- Confident - in the delivery of your decisions to our brokers and sales team with good written and verbal communication to prevent confusion and time delays.
You'll walk in the door with
- Minimum 1-2 year underwriting experience within a residential mortgages environment. Non-conforming mortgage experience preferred but not essential.
- Thorough ongoing understanding of relevant regulatory legislation and responsible lending.
- Excellent written English - you will be able to write a clear and concise email to Brokers/BDM's not using jargon or abbreviations.
- Good attention to detail when reviewing applications and completing assessments
- Thick skin - when dealing with challenging conversations when decisions do not go favorably for either our broker or sales team.
- A gut instinct for what is a good deal
- A good sense of humor - as you deal with numerous personalities internally and externally, but can always have fun within the team when things do not always go to plan or become challenging
- The ability to communicate with the team clearly and effectively to resolve Broker/BDM questions & concerns resulting in building rapport to improve relationships and customer service experience.
Apply Now With Your CV
Our Current Opportunities
Attention recruiters: We have a Preferred Supplier Agreement (PSA) in place for our open roles, so we ask that agencies outside of this agreement do not submit any applications.